Friday, October 23, 2009

Life Sans Love - A Poem

The following poem was penned by me on March 1, 2007 when I was feeling very lonely and loveless.





LIFE SANS LOVE

Life is so lonely, loveless & so dry
Can’t complain & even cry
Doesn’t matter whom I love & admire
For whom my heart beats & is on fire
But cede to divine desire.

My desire, my wish
Has no meaning, no weight
Can’t even dream of that perfect bliss
With my love, my cherished mate
For God’s will is my only fate.

Life is fruitless and futile,
Crawling like a big reptile,
Compassion and pity is all
I get in life, which I call
Is nothing but big beggar’s bowl.

Wealth, woman, wine and not even fame,
Just to behold Love’s lovely smile
With dimples adorning - all the while
If not she, then just her name
On my desert lips - be my only aim.

Even a wish to die is not simply mine
In the eyes of Lord it’s not simply fine
No choice left but to drag the life
Through the sharp edge of the cruel knife.


Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Detection Software



Related Articles by Categories


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Grab this Widget ~ Blogger Accessories